Cookie Jar Filler

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Okay so it's been a little while since I posted. Sorry but things happened that were not planned but it's all good now. Well almost, I stepped off the curb wrong Monday and managed to tear the cartilage in my right knee . So after a trip to my doctor who was awesome enough to see me the same day (Tuesday), an Ace wrap, home care instructions, crutches and a referral to the orthopedic clinic I am slowly on the mend.
I did make cookies for the kids' school snack and dear husband liked them as well. If they are a hit with everyone than I figured why keep them just for ourselves. These cookies are super easy, soft and tasty.
Cake Mix Sandwich Cookies
1 box cake mix ( 18.9 oz sized box)
2 eggs
1/2 cup Butter Flavored Crisco
1 can frosting
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl mix all ingredients together on low speed until combined into a dough. On greased cookie sheets drop by teaspoons spacing evenly. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or until edges are brown.
Let the cookies cool completely before the next step. You need them cooled or else the frosting will melt.
Now that you have let cookies cool completely, take a cookie, spread about a tablespoon of frosting on the bottom of it and top with a cookie that is bottom side down.
I got about two dozen cookies. You'll need to store these in the fridge due to the frosting but they are so soft the coldness doesn't effect the softness of them.
The best thing is that you aren't just limited to one flavor combination . I used Funfetti Cake mix and Chocolate Frosting since that is what I happened to have on hand. You could do spice cake mix with cream cheese frosting, orange cake mix with vanilla frosting, the possibilities are literally endless.

Until next time...

0 comments:

Sunrise Mountain

Sunrise Mountain
This is located where my husband grew up in New Jersey

Koenig's 3rd Birthday

Koenig's 3rd Birthday
We went to a local heavy equipment dealer for Koenig's 3rd birthday so he could see the bulldozers there
 
Template Design Downloaded From Free Blogger Templates | Free Website Templates | News and Observers