Happy New Year 2009

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It's hard to believe that I've been doing this for over a year now. When I first started, it was just going to be for fun and a place to share my thoughts with the world. I have been thinking about it lately and since the DH got us a computer recently, I plan to post more often.
I am still learning my way around-how to post pictures, links, etc so please bare with me during this learning process.
As far as the family is concerned, all are doing good. Miss E is doing well in her kindergarten class and Miss N made the cheer leading team at the high school she attends. It's hard to believe she's in high school already. She's already looking at college-especially Va Tech and University of Virginia. (Personally, I hope she goes for Tech-I'm a huge Hokes fans!!!). the boys are just enjoying being little boys with their trucks, dinosaurs and all the things little boys like.
The dh and I are getting things in place for our move to Florida in May. We are so excited and I can't wait to go there. I've never even been to Florida so this will be an adventure for me of sorts.
My goals for the new year include ( I never did like "new year resolutions" they sound so formal)
1. Work on sample copy of organizing system book to show at sfows and to publishers. I am currently working on an organizing system book that will help people organize their homes, keep them clean with mininal effort and fuss on their parts.
2. Read more books by Christian authors. I read the Annie's People series by Beverly Lewis and loved them. I have some books that I have set aside but haven't started reading.
3. Find a pen pal so I can write long letters on pretty stationery. I hope to find one soon, I know someone who might be interested, so I may email her and see what she says.
4. Use my sewing machine more. I want to start making dresses for the girls and I to wear.
5. Wear skirts and dresses all the time. I still have some blue jeans but plan to convert them to skirts at the first chance I get. Right now I have on a denim skirt and a black shirt. Tomorrow I plan to wear my grey dress and black leggings.
6. Post my menu for the upcoming week by 11:00 pm on Friday night. That way people can get ideas from me.
7. Grow in my walk with God. I have let this slide so I really need to spend more time with Him and reading His word.
Blessings until next time

Denise

0 comments:

Sunrise Mountain

Sunrise Mountain
This is located where my husband grew up in New Jersey

Koenig's 3rd Birthday

Koenig's 3rd Birthday
We went to a local heavy equipment dealer for Koenig's 3rd birthday so he could see the bulldozers there
 
Template Design Downloaded From Free Blogger Templates | Free Website Templates | News and Observers