The Challenge Day Three and keeping warm

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Yesterday was day three of The Challenge. I had every intention of posting but the dh and I went to bed early so I didn't get a chance to do so.
I wore a simple long sleeved grey jersey dress with black slip on boots. I did laundry, ran errands, cooked dinner and all the normal household tasks.
Now the temperature didn't get above 30 degrees yesterday so I had to keep warm in my dress. I did this by wearing something called a pettipant or pant slip under my dress. Pant slips are made to wear underneath slacks to keep warm while wearing them. I got mine from the Goodwill store about a year ago or so. They are a cream colored silky poly type fabric and are ankle length. This allows me to tuck them into thick socks that I wear during the winter months.
Another way to keep warm is to wear solid colored leggings under your dresses and skirts. I have a pair of black cotton ones that are thicker than the spandex ones in stores. They should be going on sale right about now since they are considered "winter wear" by most stores. Some stores may even have them as clearance items-I've seen them low as $3.00 a pair. A tip is to buy them size larger than your normal size. This is for comfort since they tend to run on the small size.
Also thick socks and tights help to keep your legs warm in the winter. If you are handy with a needle and thread making winter slips out of flannel will keep you warm.
Until next time

0 comments:

Sunrise Mountain

Sunrise Mountain
This is located where my husband grew up in New Jersey

Koenig's 3rd Birthday

Koenig's 3rd Birthday
We went to a local heavy equipment dealer for Koenig's 3rd birthday so he could see the bulldozers there
 
Template Design Downloaded From Free Blogger Templates | Free Website Templates | News and Observers