Feed me...Part 1 of the Menu Planning Journey

Sunday, January 27, 2013

I was recently looking at article online and it gave a week worth of dinner menus. That was a great idea since it gave complete shopping list along with the menu. After a closer look I realized that there was no way that any normal family would eat these dishes. Plus it required you to have on hand things that a lot of us simply don’t have like walnut oil,  dry sherry (I thought sherry was wet since it is a liquid. Dry sherry is made with lighter grapes than regular sherry) and other odd things
So I decided as a project to search thru all my vintage cookbooks, magazines and the internet to create a menu for the month of February that would meet the following requirements; (1) It must have dishes that we would actually eat plus a new side or main course each day for variety (2) Anyone could make the dishes on the menu without having to have a degree from the Cordon Bleu cooking school (3) The cost per day broke down like this -breakfast would cost $5.00, lunch would cost $5.00 and dinner would cost $10.00 and last but not least (4) It had to feed my family of six for under $600.
 I am now armed with my goals as far as my menu plan for the month of February. I will be doing research and figuring the costs of each meal. My goal is to each Sunday evening to post the upcoming week’s menu with a cost breakdown. I hope by doing this I can give my readers ideas for planning their own menus for the week saving them time and money.
Until next time…

0 comments:

Sunrise Mountain

Sunrise Mountain
This is located where my husband grew up in New Jersey

Koenig's 3rd Birthday

Koenig's 3rd Birthday
We went to a local heavy equipment dealer for Koenig's 3rd birthday so he could see the bulldozers there
 
Template Design Downloaded From Free Blogger Templates | Free Website Templates | News and Observers